Contact Us to Schedule a Consultation 973-470-0800


When a custodial parent wants to physically relocate a child away from a noncustodial parent, especially when the move would be outside of the state of New Jersey, there are more than just emotional issues that need to be addressed. Consent from the noncustodial parent or a court order is required to permit the custodial parent to relocate with a minor child. Conferring with a seasoned Passaic County and Bergen County parental relocation attorney is the first step toward achieving this goal and understanding how to navigate this area successfully.

For more than 40 years, the Kridel Law Group has been providing quality family law services and fighting to protect the interests of our clients. Our Passaic County parental relocation lawyers work hard to reach a fair agreement without the pain and expense of a lengthy court battle. We are fully prepared to take any case to trial, however, if that's what it takes to get the settlement you deserve.

Contact our lawyers at the Kridel Law Group today to discuss how our courtroom can benefit you and your child.

Knowledgeable Clifton, New Jersey, Child Custody Dispute Lawyers

Relocation child custody cases involve several factors, which the New Jersey court will assess before making any determinations or rulings. Depending on the specific circumstances of your family, the court may ask a number of questions, including:

  • What is in the best interest of the child?
  • What type of New Jersey child custody arrangement currently exists? Is the custodial parent looking to relocate outside the state of New Jersey for good faith reasons?
  • Have circumstances changed since the original New Jersey child custody and parenting time court order or agreement?
  • Is the purpose of the New Jersey child relocation intended to prevent the noncustodial parent from having contact with the child? Is there an existing child custody dispute?
  • Should the relocation agreement be granted, what activities, medical care and education options will the child have in the new residential location?
  • Is the relocation out of the state of New Jersey going to be beneficial or detrimental to the child?
  • Will the relocation of the child outside the state of New Jersey be detrimental to his or her relationship with the noncustodial parent?
  • Has a reasonable child visitation plan been proposed if the child move-away agreement is allowed?

Our law firm has the technology and databases to address child move-away issues, since this issue is constantly litigated in the courts and case law is needed to assert your position. We will help you look at every possibility when structuring your proposal to your spouse and the court.

Contact a Clifton Child Custody Dispute Attorney

Contact our offices in Clifton today to learn more about our family law services and how we can help you. We will give you an honest assessment of your case and help you understand your legal options. You can reach us by phone at 973-470-0800 or via email. We accept most major credit cards for your convenience.


To learn more about our firm and our services, call 973-470-0800 or contact our office online today. We offer reasonable rates and accept credit card payments.